Given recent migration, citizenship and visa changes in Australia, I am pleased to announce that the Assistant Minister for Immigration and Border Protection, the Hon. Alex Hawke will make the keynote address at the Significant Investor Visa / Chinese in Australia...read more
I chanced upon this parable in 1999 when I formed a media start-up during the dot-com boom. This story (author unknown) was originally about an American and a Mexican but I've changed it to reflect the Chinese-in-Australia investment theme. The Chinese-Australian...read more
This touch-point contains insights from a Chinese-Australian expat in China who co-owns 65 food and beverage cafes selling western food. This is an example of where Australia's agri-produce can end up in China. I was privileged to attend a presentation last night by...read more
My latest touch-point this week concerns China’s risk to the world –which is not its economy but its financial markets. In today’s China, it’s the financial tail that wags the economic dog. China’s financial equivalent to Iraq’s WMDs (Weapons of Mass Destruction) is...read more
Our latest briefing note discusses the Chinese impact on the Australian housing market. Meanwhile, there are only 3 weeks remaining before our Significant Investor Visa / Chinese in Australia lunch-seminar, 3 May. Our first, second and third generation...read more
We've released a summary of our briefing note 'China Touch-Point' with our compliments. Also, our Significant Investor Visa/ Chinese in Australia lunch 3 May has attracted strong interest with 7 tables already booked. Arowana International is the opening sponsor and a...read more
Subscribe to our newsletter
Our newsletter explores the following themes
- The growth and power of China’s ultra-HNW is greater than the late-1800s US ‘robber barons’ and the UK taipans & industrialists of the mid-1800s
- However, the angst generated is similar (for their ruthlessness, power, & moral ambiguity, whether real or perceived), until time and philanthropy turns them into ‘high-society.’
- China’s HNW will become stronger global forces as the ‘China Dream’ eventuates. Their money will influence asset values and popular culture in the West
- Volatility is part of this disruption. The US suffered its Great Depression during its rapid global ascendency in the 1900s
China’s 1-party rule AND the acceleration of technology voids comparisons to the rise of the ‘democratic West’ in the 1800s and 1900s. We are in uncharted waters when analysing China’s rise.
- China’s society and economy is changing rapidly. The anti-corruption & anti-extravagance crackdown, the move towards mass entrepreneurship & innovation, the focus on a consumption-led economy, and the reformation of Chinese societal values makes for interesting times.
We search the globe to produce insights on ‘China Disruption’
Our challenge, as collators and synthesisers of information from multiple sources, are:
- Information overload on China is increasing. What to include & what to leave out?
- Biased reporting (either pro or anti -China) needs to be reassessed
- Stories that depict extreme examples as the norm needs to be recalibrated
- Popular media often write emotive & passionate stories to evoke stronger reader responses (to increase readership and revenues), sometimes at the expense of accuracy. We remove the emotion and add insights so that the information is useful rather than passionate (making for dull reading…so our apologies in advance)
We look forward to staying in touch and informing you via our complimentary newsletters of the opportunities from the ‘China Disruption’ investment theme.