Is it time for Chinese and Australian investors to invest in Western Australia? I've been asking myself this question recently. To invest when few are interested. When WA news is glum instead of glam. It's about buying straw hats in winter. Chinese investment has...read more
Geopolitical tensions do not have lasting impact on global markets. Not until the missile hits the fan. The following scenario might be the basis for a 'mock documentary' that science-fiction film producers may wish to consider during my Aus-China Film Investment...read more
China's release of a formal list of 'banned', 'restricted' or 'encouraged' overseas investments is a game changer for Australia's investment industry. Overseas property (commercial, residential developments, hotels, theme parks) is now restricted (though not banned)...read more
China's film industry has been wowed by the success of Wolf Warrior 2, its first domestically-made blockbuster that has reached the global top 100 most successful films. The military/action movie (think Chinese Rambo/Die Hard hero) has tapped into and/or has boosted a...read more
As you may be aware, China's box office and gaming sectors are game-changers for Australia's film and creative content industry. Below, I outline what investors want, announce a revised film investment event, and provide more information about myself, (as I am not...read more
Black swans, gray rhinos, FANGS and financial crocodiles. It’s a zoo out there but where’s the volatility?
Black swans, gray rhinos, FANGS and financial crocodiles. It's a zoo out there but where's the volatility? I've organised a special seminar to discuss why market volatility has gone, if/when it will come back, and how to invest under these market conditions. China is...read more
Subscribe to our newsletter
Our newsletter explores the following themes
- The growth and power of China’s ultra-HNW is greater than the late-1800s US ‘robber barons’ and the UK taipans & industrialists of the mid-1800s
- However, the angst generated is similar (for their ruthlessness, power, & moral ambiguity, whether real or perceived), until time and philanthropy turns them into ‘high-society.’
- China’s HNW will become stronger global forces as the ‘China Dream’ eventuates. Their money will influence asset values and popular culture in the West
- Volatility is part of this disruption. The US suffered its Great Depression during its rapid global ascendency in the 1900s
China’s 1-party rule AND the acceleration of technology voids comparisons to the rise of the ‘democratic West’ in the 1800s and 1900s. We are in uncharted waters when analysing China’s rise.
- China’s society and economy is changing rapidly. The anti-corruption & anti-extravagance crackdown, the move towards mass entrepreneurship & innovation, the focus on a consumption-led economy, and the reformation of Chinese societal values makes for interesting times.
We search the globe to produce insights on ‘China Disruption’
Our challenge, as collators and synthesisers of information from multiple sources, are:
- Information overload on China is increasing. What to include & what to leave out?
- Biased reporting (either pro or anti -China) needs to be reassessed
- Stories that depict extreme examples as the norm needs to be recalibrated
- Popular media often write emotive & passionate stories to evoke stronger reader responses (to increase readership and revenues), sometimes at the expense of accuracy. We remove the emotion and add insights so that the information is useful rather than passionate (making for dull reading…so our apologies in advance)
We look forward to staying in touch and informing you via our complimentary newsletters of the opportunities from the ‘China Disruption’ investment theme.