As you may be aware, China's box office and gaming sectors are game-changers for Australia's film and creative content industry. Below, I outline what investors want, announce a revised film investment event, and provide more information about myself, (as I am not...read more
Black swans, gray rhinos, FANGS and financial crocodiles. It’s a zoo out there but where’s the volatility?
Black swans, gray rhinos, FANGS and financial crocodiles. It's a zoo out there but where's the volatility? I've organised a special seminar to discuss why market volatility has gone, if/when it will come back, and how to invest under these market conditions. China is...read more
China's growing film, TV, & gaming sector is creating opportunities for Australia's film industry. Some snapshots of my 30 page research report (which will be released at my Aus China Film Investment Conference, 4 September, Doltone House, Sydney) includes:...read more
News reports about China’s GFC keeps escalating, but it seems the Communist Party of China (CPC) is managing the risks well enough to prevent contagion. This has ramifications for Australia. In summary, there has been strong action from Chinese regulators to reduce...read more
Aus-China Film Investment Conference, Sydney, Monday 4 September 1.30pm to 7.30pm. China’s box office is now almost as large as the US, sparking an avalanche of Chinese investment into the global entertainment industry. Australia’s film, TV and gaming industry has...read more
I believe China's 'Great (Financial) Cleansing' has begun. This new 'GFC' will affect China's investment markets and those nations dependent on Chinese capital, such as Australia, Canada and South East Asia...but fortunately, only in the short term. Following my 12...read more
Subscribe to our newsletter
Our newsletter explores the following themes
- The growth and power of China’s ultra-HNW is greater than the late-1800s US ‘robber barons’ and the UK taipans & industrialists of the mid-1800s
- However, the angst generated is similar (for their ruthlessness, power, & moral ambiguity, whether real or perceived), until time and philanthropy turns them into ‘high-society.’
- China’s HNW will become stronger global forces as the ‘China Dream’ eventuates. Their money will influence asset values and popular culture in the West
- Volatility is part of this disruption. The US suffered its Great Depression during its rapid global ascendency in the 1900s
China’s 1-party rule AND the acceleration of technology voids comparisons to the rise of the ‘democratic West’ in the 1800s and 1900s. We are in uncharted waters when analysing China’s rise.
- China’s society and economy is changing rapidly. The anti-corruption & anti-extravagance crackdown, the move towards mass entrepreneurship & innovation, the focus on a consumption-led economy, and the reformation of Chinese societal values makes for interesting times.
We search the globe to produce insights on ‘China Disruption’
Our challenge, as collators and synthesisers of information from multiple sources, are:
- Information overload on China is increasing. What to include & what to leave out?
- Biased reporting (either pro or anti -China) needs to be reassessed
- Stories that depict extreme examples as the norm needs to be recalibrated
- Popular media often write emotive & passionate stories to evoke stronger reader responses (to increase readership and revenues), sometimes at the expense of accuracy. We remove the emotion and add insights so that the information is useful rather than passionate (making for dull reading…so our apologies in advance)
We look forward to staying in touch and informing you via our complimentary newsletters of the opportunities from the ‘China Disruption’ investment theme.