Event Summary / 活动概况
- Volatility is close to record lows in most global equity markets, but is this a true reflection of risks?
- What is the impact of high-frequency, intra-day and quant-based traders in today’s financial and commodity markets?
- How can investors benefit from volatility, quantitative or short-term trading strategies within their portfolios?
- Our three speakers founded or co-founded firms that rely on applied mathematics and physics in their trading systems. What else makes them different from other fund managers, traders and investors in the markets?
- What are their views on the global markets right now? What are the possible ‘black swan’ events that no one is talking about…and how do these investors manage their risks?
- Peter Kambolin, a Russian-American running a New York-based US$100m alternative investment fund trading global futures, volatility and spreads.
- Simon Ho, a Sydney based hedge fund manager focussed on trading volatility.
- Danny Bhandari, co-founder of Tibra Capital, one of Australia’s most successful securities trading firms, and now a private investor and entrepreneur in the start-up fin-tech and sports-tech space.
- Free only to family offices, wholesale and institutional investors, asset consultants, AFSL fund managers and AFSL financial advisors.
- Apply for Investor Complimentary Ticket
- $45 plus GST for all others.
Agenda / 会议议程
12:00pm: Registration & Stand-Up Buffet Lunch
12:30pm: Welcome Comments – Allan Mortel, Head of Asset Management Group and Tax Partner, Pitcher Partners
12:35pm: Panel – Peter Kambolin (CEO & COO) – Systematic Alpha Management, Danny Bhandari (Co-founder) – Tibra Capital, Simon Ho (CIO) – Triple3 Partners
1:35pm: Closing Comments – Justin Epstein, Co-Founder and Executive Director, One Investment Group
1:40pm: Coffee & Networking
CEO & COO, Systematic Alpha Management
Peter Kambolin, is CEO and COO of Systematic Alpha Management, LLC. SAM is a New York-based firm specializing in trading systematic, short-term quantitative strategies, using fully-automated, around-the-clock electronic execution in a wide range of futures markets and proprietary spreads. He received his B.A. in Finance from Baruch College, magna cum laude, in 1995, and has worked at a number of alternative investment managers in the US.
His co-founder is Dr. Alexei Chekhlov, who heads research at SAM. He graduated from Moscow Institute of Physics & Technology in 1990 with Highest Honors in Theoretical Physics & Applied Mathematics. He earned his PhD. in Applied & Computational Mathematics from Princeton
Co-Founder, Tibra Capital
Danny Bhandari co-founded and was the initial CEO of Tibra Capital, a global securities firm specialising in derivatives trading, arbitrage, market making, relative value and other quantitative strategies. He remains a shareholder of the firm and has pursued other interests including investments in several fin-tech and sports-tech companies. He is also a director of Venues NSW which manages major NSW government stadium assets.
CIO, Triple3 Partners
Simon Ho is the founder and CIO of Triple3 Partners. He’s a member of the risk management team that oversees the Triple3 Volatility Advantage Fund and volatility overlay for the Grant Samuel Global Equity Advantage Fund.
Simon has worked in the options industry for more than 22 years, in trading, product innovation and risk management roles. He is assisted by John Zhui as portfolio manager. He completed his BSc Honours (First Class) in Applied Mathematics, specialising in quantitative finance at Sydney University in 2006, where he won the prestigious University Medal
Head of Asset Management Group and Tax Partner, Pitcher Partners
Allan Mortel leads the Pitcher Partners National and Sydney Asset Management Groups and asset management businesses make up the majority of his clients. His work extends from providing compliance reviews and lodgements through to structuring and other tax advisory services on various issues including Managed Investment Trusts (MIT).
Allan has over 20 years’ experience providing advice on a wide range of corporate tax, international tax, Goods and Services Tax (GST), Fringe Benefits Tax (FBT) and other tax matters to privately owned businesses, multinationals, listed companies and Not for Profits (NFPs).
Executive Director, One Investment Group
Founded One Investment Group in 2009 as an independent provider of Responsible Entity and Trustee services. Now Australia’s independent provider with 250+ funds and $17bn of funds under administration, One Investment Group is the only provider to fund managers in the market able to provide a complete outsourcing solution including Responsible Entity/Trustee, Custody, Administration and Registry or a selection of services.
One Investment Group
One Investment Group is Australia’s leading provider of Responsible Entity, Trustee, Custody, Fund Accounting and Registry services. One Investment Group is responsible for numerous funds with a wide range of underlying asset classes including infrastructure, real estate, equities, credit and fund of funds, working alongside numerous domestic and international investment managers.
One Investment Group was established in 2009 and has quickly risen to become Australia’s most trusted provider of fiduciary and administration services to Fund Managers and Investors. One Investment Group is responsible for more than 250 funds and $17bn, and is the only provider in the market that is able to provide both a comprehensive outsourcing solution or a single service to managers.
Pitcher Partners is an accounting, auditing and business advisory firm providing personal service and quality advice to high wealth individuals, small to medium public companies, large proprietary companies, local government and privately owned businesses.
Pitcher Partners is an independent member of Baker Tilly International — one of the world’s leading networks of independently owned and managed accountancy and business advisory rms united by a commitment to provide exceptional client service.
Pitcher Partners is able to call upon 126 members in 147 countries around the world to provide our clients with local expertise in all major overseas marketplaces.
International capability and global consistency of service are central to the way we work.
Event Location & Contact
MLC Centre | Level 22, 19 Martin Pl, Sydney NSW 2000
Pitcher Partners Conference Room
T: +61 2 9680 9448
or send us a message