Property – in my mind, on my lips and in my heart.
It’s almost a religion.
For many, property has been their financial salvation. For others, a road to ruin.
But where to next?
Our speakers will offer unique insights on Australia’s property market:
Dr Jonathan Kearns, Head of Financial Stability Department, Reserve Bank of Australia
Peter Laurance A.O. Founder & Chairman, Pivot Group
Michael Guo, Founder and CEO, Visionary Investment Group
David Chin, Managing Director, Basis Point
- What does the Reserve Bank of Australia’s Financial Stability Review say about the property and property lending market?
- Australia has been through many booms and busts in the property sector over the past 40 years. What is the outlook now?
- How have the Australian and Chinese government policies affected the outlook for the property market?
- What is the future of capital controls from China and the impact on the non-bank lending market?
- How will President Xi Jinping’s next five year term shape China, Chinese investors and their appetite for offshore investments?
Who should attend:
Individuals, and corporate tables of 5 or 10. 200 delegates are expected including;
- Chinese, Asian & Australian property developers and investors
- Wealth managers, deal-spotters, property investment bankers & fund managers and syndicators
- Service providers including financiers, lawyers, QSs, accountants, builders, contractors, site amalgamators, real estate agents, private bankers, corporate advisors, sales/distribution professionals, & architects amongst others
More than 1000 delegates have attended BasisPoint’s property developers, investors and financiers’ events in the past 3 years.
- Individual Tickets $180 + GST (Regular Pricing – $220 + GST)
- Corporate Half-Table of Five $850 + GST (Regular Pricing – $1000 + GST)
- Corporate Table of Ten $1600 + GST (Regular Pricing – $1800 + GST)
Please note there are no same-day registrations for the event. EFT payments available for corporate tables.
Corporate tables of 10 will benefit by having their logos on screens, plus table-top signage and visibility in BasisPoint’s newsletters and website. Tables of 5 receive table signage only.
Monday 20 November 2017 | 12:00PM – 2:30PM
Doltone House | 181 Elizabeth Street, Hyde Park, Sydney CBD
12:00pm – Registration and networking
12:30pm – 2:00pm – Lunch
- 12:30 – Welcome Remarks
- 12:35 – Keynote speaker: Dr Jonathan Kearns, Head of Financial Stability Department, Reserve Bank of Australia
- 1:00 – Chinese investment in the Australian property market. Latest insights. David Chin, Managing Director, Basis Point
- 1:15 – “Fire-side Chat” – Peter Laurance A.O. Founder & Chairman, Pivot Group
- 1:35 – “Fire-side Chat” – Michael Guo, Founder and CEO, Visionary Investment Group
- 1:55 – Anna Cesarano, CEO, Doltone House, shares her story on how the property sector influences Doltone’s venue and catering business
- 2:00 – Closing Remarks
2:05pm – 2:30pm – Networking
Dr Jonathan Kearns
Head of Financial Stability Department, Reserve Bank of Australia
Dr Jonathan Kearns was appointed RBA’s Head of Financial Stability Department in July 2017, on his return from a three-year secondment to the Bank for International Settlements
He was previously RBA’s Head of Economic Analysis Department. He holds a PhD in Economics from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and a Bachelor of Economics (Hons) from the Australian National University.
RBA’s Financial Stability Department analyses the implications for financial system stability of developments in the macro-economy, financial markets and the financial sector more generally. This includes the impact of bank and non-bank lending, and the impact of offshore property investors, in the Australian property market as it relates to financial system stability
Founder and CEO, Visionary Investment Group
Michael is the founder and CEO of Visionary Investment Group, a diversified Australian investment, hotelier and property group. The group’s core capabilities are end-to-end funds management and investment, property developments, hotel operations, property sales and marketing, and assets management. The group is headquartered in Sydney. Its funds management business is via SR Capital and its hotel and property development business is under its Silkari brand.
Managing Director, Basis Point
David Chin founded Basis Point 20 years ago to provide insights, connections, and investment platforms for the Aus-China & Aus-Asia institutional, wholesale and high-net-worth investment community. His has become a ‘thought-leader’ in the Significant Investor Visa (SIV) and Chinese investment flows into Australia.
His previous career background was in derivatives, futures and hedge funds, consulting to government and semi-government institutions and exchanges globally and in the Asia-Pacific. He was previously Head of Marketing at Sydney Futures Exchange (SFE), and is the author of Thy Fiefdom Comes, a fantasy/science fiction novel.
Peter Laurance A.O.
Founder & Chairman, Pivot Group
Peter has specialized in developing property assets and mining ventures throughout Australia for 40+ years though his private investment vehicle, Pivot Group
His property ventures include developing, owning and operating theme parks, hotels, resorts, marinas, movie studios, shopping centres, low and high-rise office buildings and medical centres with an end value in excess of $2 billion.
Peter established Pivot Group in Western Australia in 1972, which grew into a publicly-listed corporation in 1984 and was then privatised in 1990. He has seen through multiple booms and busts of Australia’s property industry including the massive Japanese buying spree of the late 80s.
Peter was also a major shareholder and Executive Chairman of Sea World and Warner Bros. Movie World, In Queensland. He was appointed by the State Government as Chairman of the Queensland Tourist & Travel Corporation in 1990, and in 1992 was invested as an Officer in the Order of Australia (A.O.) in recognition of his services to tourism, and his lifelong commitment to helping disadvantaged young people.
Through Pivot, Peter is also a major shareholder in the ASX listed developer Axiom Properties Group. Oriental University City Holdings, which owns a university city in China with nearly 20,000 students, is also a major shareholder in Axiom.
Chief Executive Officer, Doltone House
Anna Cesarano, is the Chief Executive Officer of Doltone House venue and catering collection. She is a NSW Board Member for Family Business Australia after having been inducted into NSW Family Business Australia’s Hall of Fame. She is co-founder of the Biaggio Signorelli Foundation, honouring her late father, founder of Doltone House Group, to raise funds for a cure and research into Mesothelioma (asbestos cancer).
Anna was featured in BRW discussing succession planning in family businesses. She also participated as a mentor in the NSW Family Business Australia Next Generation mentoring programme.
In 2013 she was Barnado’s Mother of The Year Awards’ Business Ambassador and was on the Judging Panel for the Barnado’s Mother of The Year Annual Awards Programme.
Anna continues to be profiled as guest speaker in a range of sectors, from meetings and events, former NRL Women in League Ambassador, to featuring in the Future Direction Network video promoting university to school leavers from Western Sydney.
Doltone House is a family-owned and operated company dedicated to our clients. Whether you’re seeking a simple or dramatic space we have the expertise.
A passion for creating unforgettable experiences lies behind everything we do. We’re proud to offer all our clients not only the technical elements you’d expect from a market leader, but also a sense of welcome and warmth that makes every interaction a pleasure, we go the extra mile
– The Doltone Difference.
Event Location & Contact
181 Elizabeth St, Hyde Park,
T: +61 2 9680 9448
or send us a message